Tuition & Fees – 2017-2018 Academic Year (on campus courses)
As stewards of the Lord’s resources, Kingdom Life Institute encourages each student to pay in full at the time of class registration. Students who are not able to pay the full amount of their registration and tuition costs at the time of registration are automatically placed into the School Payment Plan. At this time, no additional fees are charged for making payments (subject to change without notice).
School Payment Plan
The School Payment Plan allows students to make payments to spread the cost of their tuition over the course term. Registration fees are due in full at the time of registration and must be paid before being enrolled in the desired courses. All account balances must be paid in full by the end of the course term (8th week for Mastering the Basics and 10th week for Ministry Preparation). Students with outstanding balances will not be permitted to take the course final exam, sign up for additional courses, or to participate in the cap & gown graduation ceremony until the outstanding amount is fully satisfied.
Students who were previously signed up for a course and withdrew may re-enroll by paying the current registration fee and satisfying any outstanding balance due amounts. Current course tuition and related fees are due at the time of re-enrollment.
Acceptable Payment Methods
Kingdom Life Institute accepts the following methods of payment (in U.S. Dollars only):
1. Cash – Please do not send cash through the mail.
2. Checks – Checks should be made payable to Faith Outreach Center Intl. with an entry in the memo of “KLI”. The school accepts personal checks, money orders, and certified bank checks. The school does not accept “post dated” checks. Students will incur a fee of $35.00 for all checks returned to us by the bank for any reason. Paying by check is a privilege. Should a student have more than one such returned check in a school year, KLI may require subsequent payments from that student be made only in the form of cash or certified funds. Please note: NSF checks not made good within 30 days may be sent to a collection agency.
3. Credit Card – To maintain privacy and to ensure PCI compliance, Kingdom Life Institute does not store or record student credit card information. Students may make a secure credit card payment by logging into their KLI Student Portal. Questions? Please contact the KLI financial office during normal business hours.
The following fees apply, and are subject to change without prior notice:
Textbook Fees: Mastering the Basics does not require the additional purchase of a book. If a book is required by the course, it will be provided to the student as part of the tuition. If a Ministry Preparation course requires a book, students may purchase those books at a discount through the Faith Outreach Center Bookstore.
Graduation Fees: Students who successfully complete the program requirements, school attendance, and financial obligations will be invited to participate in the formal cap & gown graduation ceremony. Graduation costs differ depending on which track the student is enrolled in. Estimated costs are $50 for Track I & $75 for Track II. Graduation fees must be paid in full at least one week prior to the graduation ceremony. These fees do not include incidental expenses such as graduation pictures which must be secured and paid for separately.
School Tuition & Registration
All students will be charged a one time school year registration fee of $50.00 which must be paid prior to students being enrolled in a course. Students may pay this fee in installments as long as the full $50.00 is received prior to the course start date. Tuition is due in full the first night of class start, but may be paid out over the duration of the course (i.e. 8 weeks). Student account balances must be paid in full by the last night of the course.
Track I – Mastering the Basics
Tuition is $50.00 per course offered (example: student wishes to take all three Tuesday evening courses, so the total tuition due would be $150.00)
Track II – Ministry Preparation
Tuition is $100.00 per course offered
Refunds will be applied as a credit to the student account only. Registration, book, and other fees which were paid are not refundable for any reason. Tuition refunds only apply to those students who have paid in full at the time of registration. Students who are enrolled in the School Payment Plan are not eligible for refunds. Students who withdraw from a course and are on the School Payment Plan are responsible for all outstanding tuition and fees remaining at the time of withdrawal. No tuition credit will be provided. Refunds are provided according to the following schedule:
- Within six (6) days of class start, 100% of tuition is refunded and will be applied as a credit to the student account
- Seven to thirteen (7-13) days of class start, 50% of tuition is refunded and will be applied as a credit to the student account
- No refund requests will be made after thirteen (13) days after class start
- No refunds/credits are provided for those enrolled in the KLI Video School/Distance Learning Programs
All withdrawal requests must be made in writing to the school’s Dean of Administration. Requests may be presented to the Dean by U.S. Postal Service (USPS) mail, in person, or electronic mail (e-mail). The date of the USPS postmark is used to determine the request date. Students are encouraged to send their letter using Certified Mail with Return Receipt. The date of email receipt is used to determine the request date. KLI will make every effort to accommodate the request based on the above guidelines but is not responsible for mail/email which is delayed or undelivered for any reason.
Students are expected to arrive for class at least five minutes prior to class start. Students are expected to attend each class unless prior arrangements are made. Due to the short duration of each academic quarter, students with two unexcused absences will be dropped from the course. Students who miss a class are expected to log into the Student Portal to obtain handouts provided in class and to watch the class video recording. The student must contact the instructor to arrange for making up missed quizzes, homework, or other assignments. Please note: grades for assignments and quizzes which are turned in late may be reduced (or not accepted) solely at the instructors discretion.
Kingdom Life Institute records all live in-class sessions and makes those recordings available through the Student Portal. KLI makes every effort to ensure a class is recorded, however, we will not be held responsible for technical problems, omissions, or the student’s inability to view the class for any reason.